ADSL/Ethernet Router with Built-in SwitchWhere to buy
Moderate-priced Solution for High-speed Connection for SOHO Business
DSL-2540U provides all the essentials for creating a secure high-speed wired network: ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ standards, Fast Ethernet standard, the built-in firewall, the QoS engine, and numerous additional features.
The router DSL-2540U includes a built-in firewall. The advanced security functions minimize threats of hacker attacks, prevent unwanted intrusions to your network, and block access to unwanted websites for users of your LAN.
ADSL Port and 4-port Switch
The router is equipped with an ADSL port to connect to an ADSL line. The built-in 4-port switch enables you to connect Ethernet-enabled computers, game consoles, and other devices to your network. In addition, any Ethernet port of the device can be used to connect to a private Ethernet line.
Configuration and Management
You can configure and manage the settings of the router DSL-2540U via the user-friendly web-based interface (the interface is available in several languages).
• ADSL: 1 RJ-11 port
• LAN: 4 RJ-45 10/100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet ports with auto-MDI/MDIX.
• full rate ANSI T1.413 Issue 2, ITU-T G.992.1 (G.dmt) Annex A, ITU-T G.992.2 (G.lite) Annex A, ITU-T G.994.1 (G.hs).
• ITU-T G.992.3 (G.dmt.bis) Annex A/L/M, ITU-T G.992.4 (G.lite.bis) Annex A.
• ITU-T G.992.5 Annex A/L/M.
WAN Connection Types:
• Static IP
• Dynamic IP
• Static IP
• Dynamic IP
• Bridged and routed Ethernet encapsulation
• VC-based or LLC-based multiplexing
• ATM Forum UNI3.1/4.0 PVC (up to 8 PVCs)
• ATM Adaptation Layer Type 5 (AAL5)
• ITU-T I.610 OAM F4/F5 loopback
• ATM QoS
• PPP over ATM (RFC 2364)
• PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)
• Keep-alive for PPP connections.
Network Protocols and Functions:
• Static IP routing
• NAT (Network Address Translation)
• DHCP server/client/relay
• DNS relay
• Support of VLAN
• IGMP proxy.
Firewall and Access Management Functions:
• Network Address Translation (NAT)
• Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
• URL filter
• Packet filtering (IP/ICMP/TCP/UDP)
• Virtual servers
• Prevention of DoS attacks
• Intrusion detection system
• Port Triggering.
• Interface grouping
• 3 priority queues.
Configuration and Management:
• Multilingual web-based interface for configuration and management
• Access via TELNET
• Firmware update via web-based interface
• Saving/restoring configuration to/from file
• Support of remote logging
• Automatic synchronization of system time with NTP server.
• LAN 1-4
• External power adapter DC 12V/0.5A
• ON/OFF power switch
• Reset to Factory Defaults button
DSL-2540U ADSL/Ethernet Router with Built-in Switch