• IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0)
• IEEE 802.11g
• IEEE 802.11b
• IEEE 802.3
• IEEE 802.3u
• IEEE 802.3ab
• USB 2.0
• 4 Gigabit LAN
• 1 Gigabit Internet/WA N
• 2 USB 2.0
• Built-in 802.11n (draft) wireless LAN
WIRELESS LAN DATA RATES
• Up to 300Mbps¹
WIRELESS LAN SECURITY
• WPA and WPA 2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access)
WIRELESS LAN ANTENNAS
• Network Address Translation (NAT)
• Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
• VPN Pass-through/Multi-sessions/PPTP/L2TP/IPSec
• WMM (for WLAN traffic)
• QoS Engine for prioritizing traffic
SharePorT™ FUNCTION SUPPORT
• A llows connection of external hard drives, flash memory and multifunction printers to USB ports
• A llows sharing of hard drives, printing and scanning functions 9
• 3.2” true color TFT LCD
• Navigation buttons
HARD DRIVE SUPPORT
• A ccepts a SATA 2.5-inch internal hard drive, 9.5mm maximum height2
• UPnP support
• DDNS support
• Integrated Wireless Security Wizard and Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) support
• Windows Connect Now (WCN) support
• Web-based management using Internet Explorer® v6 or later; Mozilla Firefox® v2.0 or later; or other Javaenabled browsers
• A utomatic firmware update notification
• E mail notification for triggered events
• UPnP™ AV Server for streaming media to compatible media players 4
• Built-in FTP server for file access from over the Internet 5
• Scheduled downloads
• LCD and hard drive power management for conserving energy and extending hardware life
• Storage permissions for users
• Multi-language file name support
• Quick Router Setup Utility 6
• SharePort™ Network USB Utility 6
• Desktop placement
• FCC Class B
• C -Tick
• Wi-Fi Certified b/g/n (draft)
• Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
• Works with Windows Vista
• RoHS compliant
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
• For optimal wireless performance: Computers and network devices with D-Link Xtreme N or other 802.11n (draft) interfaces to connect to the DIR-685
1 Use Framechannel™ to display weather forecasts, news and sport events.
2 C urrently only the D-Link DWM-152 and DWM-156 3G adapters are supported.
3 No hard drive is included with this device. Current 2.5” SATA hard drives supports up to 500GB. Capacity can go up pending future technology. This device may not work with older generation SATA drives. For a list of SATA drives that have been tested to work with this device, visit your D-Link support web sites.
4 D-Link does not guarantee full compatibility or proper playback with all Codecs. Playback capability depends on the codec support of the UPnP AV media player.
5 Use of an FTP Server to access files over the Internet does not provide for secure or encrypted transmissions.
6 The software included with this product is not Mac-compatible.
7 C omputer must adhere to Microsoft’s recommended system requirements.
8 A ctual data throughput may vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, can lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. This product is based on IEEE draft 2.0 802.11n specifications and is not guaranteed to be forward compatible with future versions of IEEE 802.11n specifications. Compatibility with draft 802.11n devices from other manufacturers is not guaranteed.
9 Hard drives and multifunction equipment can only be accessed by a single user at a time.