The D-Link AirPremier DWL-AG132 108AG wireless USB adapter adds high-performance 802.11a/g wireless connectivity to your desktop or notebook PC via the convenience of USB. This dualband wireless adapter enables more versatility in network deployment, which can maximize your network investment. It avoids for you the hassle of stringing Ethernet cables to your computer or dismantling your desktop PC case to insert a wireless adapter. Simply plug in the DWL-AG132 into an available USB port and enjoy the freedom of wireless networking.
Powered by D-Link 108AG technology, this wireless adapter is capable of delivering maximum wireless signal rates of up to 108Mbps when used with other D-Link 108G or 108AG devices. Dualband capability ensures that the DWL-AG132 is compatible with virtually all 802.11a/b/g networks and devices.
The DWL-AG132 wireless USB adapter is a plug and play solution. An installation wizard make simplifies device discovery and driver configuration. Thereafter, the site survey configuration utility discovers available nearby wireless networks to get you connected quickly. This utility can create detailed connectivity profiles to save and manage your most frequently accessed networks.
For accessing secure networks, this wireless USB adapter supports both WPA/WP A2-Personal and WPA/WPA2-Enterprise. Now you can utilize EAP-TLS and EAP-TTLS for secure user authentication through an 802.1x RADIUS server. Data over the air is encrypted using either TKIP. The DWL-AG132 supports also the IEEE 802.11i security specifications.
The DWL-AG132 wireless USB adapter can be used in peer-to-peer mode (ad-hoc) to directly connect to other 802.11a or 802.1 1b/g devices for direct file sharing, or in client mode (infrastructure) to connect with wireless access points or routers. It features Wi-Fi certification in all three wireless bands, 802.11a, 1 1b, and 11g, which ensures wireless compatibility and robust data encryption for sensitive data requirements.
Compact in size, this wireless 108AG USB adapter is great for travel and is a convenient solution for providing high-performance dualband wireless connectivity to your desktop or notebook PC.
Minimum System Requirements
- PC with 300MHz processor or higher
- 64MB memory or more
- CD ROM drive (for installation use)
- USB 2.0/1.1 port *
- TCP/IP protocol installed
- Windows XP/2000
* Connecting this adapter to a USB 1.1 port will affect its performance.
- IEEE 802.11a
- IEEE 802.11b
- IEEE 802.11g
- USB 2.0
- USB 1.1
Wireless Signal Rates *
(With Automatic Fallback)
- 802.11a: 108, 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6Mbps
- 802.11g: 108, 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6Mbps
- 802.11b: 11, 5.5, 2 and 1Mbps
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11a/b/g specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. 108Mbps Turbo mode operation in 5GHz frequency band is not allowed in EU countries.
- 64/128bit WEP
- WPA/WPA2 P ersonal
- WPA/WPA2 Enterprise (includes 802.1x)
Wireless Frequency Range
- 5.15 to 5.35GHz
- 5.47 to 5.725GHz
- 2.412 to 2.4835GHz
- Orthogonal Frequency Multiplexing (OFDM)
- Complementary Code
- Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS)
- 802.11a: -73dBm for 108Mbps @ 10% PER
- 802.11g: -88dBm at 6Mbps @ 10% PER
- 802.11g: - 86dBm at 9Mbps @ 10% PER
- 802.11g: -84dBm at 12Mbps @ 10% PER
- 802.11g: -82dBm at 18Mbps @ 10% PER
- 802.11g: -78dBm at 24Mbps @ 10% PER
- 802.11g: -74dBm at 36Mbps @ 10% PER
- 802.11g: -69dBm at 48Mbps @ 10% PER
- 802.11g: -66dBm at 54Mbps @ 10% PER
- 802.11g: -70dBm at 108Mbps @ 10% PER
- 802.11b: -82dBm for 11Mbps @ 8% PER
- 802.11b: -87dBm for 2Mbps @ 8% PER
Wireless Transmit Power
+15dBm @ 54 and 48Mbps
+16dBm @ 36Mbps
+17dBm @ 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6Mbps
+16dBm @ 11, 5.5, 2 and 1Mbps
Wireless Operating Range *
- Indoors: up to 100 m (328 ft)
- Outdoors: up to 400 m (1312 ft)
* Environmental conditions may adversely affect wireless signal range.
- Windows 2000 and XP certified
- Windows 98 SE, ME (drivers available in near future)
- 472 mA in continuous transmit mode
- 290 mA in continuous receive mode
82 x 28 x 15 mm (adapter only)
- DWL-AG132 adapter: 21 grams
- Cradle with USB cable: 125 grams
0 to 40 C
-20 to 75 C
20% to 80% non-condensing
5% to 95% non-condensing
- FCC Class B
- Windows 2000/XP compatibility
DWL-AG132 AirPremier AG USB Adapter