Unified Services RouterWhere to buy
D-Link Unified Services Routers provide secure, high-performance networking solutions to address the growing needs of small and medium businesses. The integrated high-speed IEEE 802.11n wireless technology in the DSR-150N, DSR-250N, DSR-500N, and the DSR-1000N routers offers comparable performance to traditional wired networks, but with fewer limitations. Each router provides optimal network security via features such as Virtual Private Network (VPN) tunnels, IP Security (IPSec), Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP), and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). These routers also allow you to empower your road warriors with clientless remote access anywhere and anytime using SSL VPN tunnels.
Comprehensive Management Capabilities
The DSR-500/500N and DSR-1000/1000N include dual-WAN Gigabit Ethernet that provides policy-based service management to ensure maximum productivity for your business operations. The failover feature maintains data traffic without disconnecting when a landline connection is lost. The Outbound Load Balancing feature adjusts outgoing traffic across two WAN interfaces and optimizes system performance, resulting in high availability. The second WAN port can be configured as a DMZ port, allowing you to isolate servers from your LAN.
Superior Wireless Performance
The DSR-150N, DSR-250N, DSR-500N, and DSR-1000N include 802.11a2/b/g/n, allowing for operation on either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz2 wireless LAN radio bands. Multiple In Multiple Out (MIMO) technology allows the DSR-150N, DSR-250N, DSR-500N, and DSR-1000N to provide high data rates and a wide wireless coverage area with minimized “dead spots.”
Flexible Deployment Options
The DSR Series supports Third Generation (3G) networks via an extendable USB 3G dongle(3). This 3G network capability offers an additional data connection for critical or backup services. For the DSR-1000/1000N, a 3G USB dongle can be configured as a third WAN port, performing Traffic Load Balancing and executing automatic failover whenever the primary WAN link gets lost. For the DSR-500/500N (5), the second WAN port could be a dedicated WAN2 or 3G dongle, performing Traffic Load Balancing and executing automatic failover whenever the primary WAN link gets lost. For the DSR-150/150N/250/250N (5), the 3G dongle could be configured as a backup link when the primary WAN link is down or configured as the primary WAN port.
Robust VPN Features
A fully featured virtual private network (VPN) provides your mobile workers and branch offices with a secure link to your network. The DSR-150/150N, DSR-250/250N, DSR-500/500N, and DSR-1000/1000N are capable of simultaneously managing 1, 5, 10, or 20 Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN tunnels respectively, empowering your mobile users by providing remote access to a central corporate database. Site-to-site VPN tunnels use IP Security (IPSec) Protocol, Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), or Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) to facilitate branch office connectivity through encrypted virtual links. The DSR-150/150N simultaneously supports up to 10 IPSec VPN tunnels plus 10 additional PPTP/L2TP tunnels. The DSR-250/250N, DSR-500/500N, and DSR-1000/1000N simultaneously support up to 25, 35, and 70 IPSec VPN tunnels respectively, and 25 additional PPTP/L2TP tunnels.
Efficient Green Technology
D-Link Green Wi-Fi and D-Link Green Ethernet features save power and help cut energy usage costs. The D-Link Green WLAN Scheduler shuts down your wireless network automatically according to a schedule you define, allowing you to turn off your wireless network during off-peak hours, saving energy and keeping your network secure. The D-Link Green Ethernet feature can detect if a link is down on a port, and automatically puts that port into a sleep mode that drastically reduces the amount of power used. In addition, compliance with RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) and WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) directives make D-Link Green-certified devices an environmentally
• 10/100/1000 Mbps WAN Port
• 8 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN Ports
• 802.11b/g/n (Single Band)
• 2 Detachable 2 dBi Omni-Directional Antennas
• USB 2.0 Ports: 1
• Console: 1 RJ-45
• Firewall Throughput(5): 45 Mbps
• VPN Throughput(7): 35 Mbps
• Concurrent Sessions: 20,000
• New Sessions (per second): 200
• Firewall Policies: 200
Internet Connection Type
• Static/ Dynamic IP
• PPPoE/ L2TP/ PPTP
• Multiple PPPoE
• Static Route
• Dynamic DNS
• Inter-VLAN Route
• NAT, PAT
• Web Content Filtering: Static URL, Keywords
• Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): Signature Package Included in Firmware
• DHCP Server/ Client
• DHCP Relay
• IEEE802.1q VLAN
• VLAN (Port-Based)
• IP Multicast: IGMP Proxy
• 3G Redundancy
• Multiple Service Set Identifier (SSID)
• Service Set Identifier (SSID) to VLAN Mapping
• Standards: 802.11b/g/n
• Wireless Security:
• Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)
• Wi-Fi Protect Setup (WPS)
• Wi-Fi Protected Access – Personal (WPA-PSK)
• Wi-Fi Protected Access – Enterprise (WPA-EAP)
• Wi-Fi Protected Access version 2 – Personal (WPA-PSK)
• Wi-Fi Protected Access version 2 – Enterprise (WPA-EAP)
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
• VPN Tunnels: 55
• IPSec Tunnels: 25
• SSL VPN Tunnels: 5
• PPTP/L2TP Clients: 25
• Encryption Methods: DES, 3DES, AES, Twofish, Blowfish, CAST-128, NULL
• SSL Encryption Methods: RC4-128, 3DES, AES
• IPSec/PPTP/L2TP Server
• IPSec NAT Traversal
• Dead Peer Detection
• IP Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)
• IP Authentication Header (AH)
• VPN Tunnel Keep Alive
• Hub and Spoke
• Max. Bandwidth Control
• Priority Bandwidth Control:
• Port-Based QoS
• 3 Classes
• Web-based User Interface: HTTP, HTTPS
• Command Line
• SNMP: v1, v2c, v3
• Power Supply:
• External Power Supply Unit, DC 12 V/1.5 A
• Max. Power Consumption: 11.8 W/ 12.6 W
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 140 x 203 x 35 mm
• Operation Temperature: 0 to 40°C
• Storage Temperature: -20 to 70°C
• Operation Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
• EMI/EMC: FCC Class B, CE Class B, C-Tick, IC
• Safety: cUL, LVD (EN60950-1)
• MTBF: 250,000 hours
(1) DSR-150N/250N/500N/1000N only.
(2) DSR-1000N only.
(3) The following 3G dongles are supported: DWM-152 A1/A2/A3, DWM-156 A1/A2/A3/A5*/A6*, DWM-157*, Huawei E1550, E173, and EC306.* The dongles marked with * will be supported through firmware upgrades.
(4) Available through firmware upgrade.
(5) VPN throughput is measured using UDP traffic with a 1420 byte packet size, adhering to RFC2544.
(6) The maximum firewall throughput is based on RFC2544 testing methodologies.
(7) Actual performance may vary depending on network conditions and activated services.
DSR-250N Unified Services Router